Skip to main content
Data and Totals
5,759 Terps have taken the Small Footprint Pledge.
47,948 pounds of waste
12,521,072 gallons of water
569,371 pounds of carbon dioxide
- 1. I will compost when eating in the Dining Halls and in Stamp, and bring other food waste to these places to be composted.
- 394 pledges
- 43,240 pounds of waste
- 2. I will use cloth or other reusable bags when I go shopping.
- 597 pledges
- 1,180 pounds of waste
- 3. I will recycle paper products, cans, and bottles.
- 497 pledges
- 322,157 pounds of carbon dioxide
- 4. I will carry a reusable water bottle.
- 679 pledges
- 1,527 pounds of waste
- 5. I will replace one regular bulb with a compact fluorescent bulb.
- 251 pledges
- 17,467 pounds of carbon dioxide
- 6. I will wash clothes in cold water.
- 372 pledges
- 6,477 pounds of carbon dioxide
- 7. I will eat vegetarian one day a week.
- 704 pledges
- 115,879 pounds of carbon dioxide
- 8. I will reduce vampire power by unplugging my printer, computer charger, and phone charger when not in use - or by using a power strip.
- 460 pledges
- 50,870 pounds of carbon dioxide
- 9. I will reduce my showering time by five minutes.
- 603 pledges
- 1,367,695 gallons of water
- 10. I will turn off the tap while brushing my teeth.
- 471 pledges
- 761,784 gallons of water
- 11. I will check my faucets, showerheads, and toilets for leaks and call 4-WORK or my landlord when repairs are needed.
- 188 pledges
- 10,391,593 gallons of water
- 12. I will walk or bike short distances instead of driving.
- 508 pledges
- 56,522 pounds of carbon dioxide